If you’ve been asked to complete a hair follicle drug test, you may be wondering, what is the Macujo Method and what are the Jerry G and Macujo Method steps for successfully passing your test as a marijuana user? You may have been asked by a new employer before starting work, law enforcement, healthcare professional or other person or organization whether you are willing to take a hair follicle drug test. These tests are sometimes required while other times they are optional. This article is intended to educate you about hair follicle drug testing, different methods of testing, instructions for testing, methodology and more.
How long does marijuana stay in your hair follicles? The purpose of a hair follicle dug test is to elucidate illicit drug use or even prescription medicine use or abuse. When using a hair sample, the timeframe examined typically entails the previous 3 months. Test kits can check for specific drug use or can test for more general drug classes.
Here’s a list of drugs the hair follicle test can pick up on:
- opiates, such as morphine, heroin, and/or codeine
- phencyclidine (PCP)
- amphetamines, including methamphetamine, MDMA (ecstasy), and MDEA (eve)
When taking a hair follicle drug test, the facilitator will remove a small hair sample from near the scalp and send it away to a lab for testing. Because there are some compounds within foods that can give a false-positive result, hair follicle testing undergoes a two step screening process for accuracy. The first step is a rapid screening method. If the rapid screening method comes back positive, a second type of test will be done to determine the legitimacy of the results.
Test results are typically labeled as negative, positive or inconclusive. Negative means the test did not detect any drugs within the hair sample which is also called passing the drug test. Positive means that both the first and second test confirmed presence of a certain drug within the body, which could be interpreted as failure of the drug test. Inconclusive means the sample is contaminated or that there is an issue with the testing which inhibits the ability to gain results. In the case of an inconclusive test, the lab may request a second sample.
Regarding hair follicle drug test detection times, the hair follicle drug testing is used to determine whether a person has used a particular substance within the last 3 months. It cannot however determine the exact date of use. This is because hair grows at differing rates for each individual. These are some factors that affect the sample and the metabolites detected:
- the drug compound structure
- the quantity of drugs consumed
- If a person sweats a little or profusely
- How much melanin (dark hair pigment) is in a person’s hair because certain drugs bind more easily to melanin
- If a person bleaches or colors their hair
There are various methods available to people who would like to attempt to pass their hair follicle drug test without maintaining sobriety from substances for 3 months. One such methodology is the Jerry G Method and the Macujo method. Either of these can be successful in helping someone pass a hair follicle drug test.
The Macujo method involves using various products to detox the hair and scalp from THC. This is a method for clearing weed/marijuana use from the hair records. You can use the Macujo Method to beat hair test for weed. The method can be hard on hair and scalp, so there may be some temporary damage to the hair. People with sensitive skin should not attempt this method as it could cause harm. Yet, it can be very effective for removing toxic compounds from the hair.
Items needed for the Macujo Method include:
- Warm water
- Goggles for eye protection
- Plastic or disposable gloves
- Shower caps
- Pink colored clean and clear acne wash
- An aloe based shampoo- preferably a “Toxin rid shampoo with aloe”
- Liquid tide detergent pack
- Ultra clean shampoo by Zydot
Macujo Method steps including how to pass a hair follicle drug test with vinegar by following the steps listed here:
- Put on disposable gloves and goggles, then apply white vinegar over the hair and scalp.
- Apply Clean and Clear soap to the hair. Put on shower cap and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair fully
- Apply Toxin Rid or other aloe based shampoo. This nourished the hair and scalp.
- Rinse and repeat step 4
- Put a few drops of Tide laundry detergent in your hair and scalp and rinse thoroughly.
- Repeat 3 times on the day before your hair follicle test
The Macujo Method is recommended by many people who have successfully passed their drug test after using substances. It works best on thin and light colored hair. This method does not cause as much damage to the hair as bleaching or hair dye. Some reports say this method reaches 90% effectiveness. Some cons to this method are the cost investment for materials, its efficacy depending on your hair type and length, and that it requires precision in following each step of the method.
Next, let’s examine the Jerry G Method. Items Needed for this method include:
- Hair dye
- Detox shampoo to pass a hair follicle drug test
- Powdered baking soda
- Zydot Ultra Clean shampoo
The step-by-step method for the Jerry G Method is:
- Stop using Cannabis 10 or more days prior to the test day
- On the day you quit using marijuana, bleach your hair with an ammonia based hair dye. This is done to open the hair cuticle and remove toxins.
- Thoroughly rinse your hair with a detoxifying shampoo like Toxin Wash or aloe rid detox shampoo
- On the day before your hair follicle drug test, bleach and dye the hair again and use the propylene glycol shampoo
- Make a paste from the baking soda and leave it in for 15 minutes then rinse thoroughly. This neutralizes any acids in the hair and assist the detox process.
- Shampoo with Toxin Rid or other detox shampoo.
- Finish by washing the hair with Ultra Clean Shampoo by Zydot.
This process may cause temporary damage to the hair. It requires the purchase of specific products. Yet, it only requires five ingredients and is therefore a popular solution that is fast and considerable effective.
Will It Work for All Types of Drugs?
These hair detox methods are typically used for marijuana/cannabis elimination, but may be successful in eliminating other drug use evidence from hair samples.
Does Macujo/Jerry G Method damage hair?
These methods can cause damage to the hair, most of which is temporary. As you continue with your normal shampoo and conditioner routine, the hair should quickly return to normal. Yet, there is a risk of permanent damage during hair detox, so it is important to assess the risk and decide whether to proceed.
Macujo/Jerry G Method on body hair?
This method could work on body hair but it is not guaranteed to work effectively. There is also greater risk of rash or irritation.
There are ways to outsmart a hair follicle drug test through the above methods. This can cause temporary damage to the hair, so it is important to follow any safety protocols. People with skin sensitivities or inflammation should avoid using the above methods as they may be too harsh for some people. The goal is to detox the hair while maintaining the integrity and quality of the hair. By following the above protocols, it is very possible to complete a hair detox and receive a negative, or passing, result on a hair follicle drug test.
“Hair follicle drug tests.” Jamie Eske, Medical News Today, 2019, https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325013
“How can you beat a hair follicle drug test?” Darly Seldon, FV KASA, 2019, https://www.fvkasa.org/english/health/detox/hair-follicle-drug-test
“Influence of the cosmetic treatment of hair on drug testing..” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9228567. Accessed 15 Feb. 2020.
“Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo” Amazon, Amazon, 2020 https://www.amazon.com/Zydot-Ultra-Clean-Shampoo/dp/B00KJS9TTQ